This is part one of the bow tutorial. I'll go over the needed supplies and where you can get them. Incase you have no clue who Pit is, here's a picture:
That's Pit. (He's so adorable) anywhooo, the bow I'm going to be making is the one in the first picture. The bow string will actually light up. It can also be disconnected and stored away inside the bow. :3
On to supplies:
A general list of what you need
- Poster board
- Fun foam
- Balsa wood
- Suede fabric
- El Wire - Glowire Website click the 'online store' link on left
- Driver and female connection - Glowire Website
- Regular soda bottle (you just need the top part)
- Masking tape
- Measuring tape/ruler
- Reference images - Internet!
- Acrylic Paint (Yellow, Blue, White, Metallic White, Black)
- Soldering supplies - Where tools are sold
- Craft knife
- Wire strippers - Where tools are sold
Next part coming soon!
In the next part I'll explain how to build the general shape of the bow and how to setup the EL Wire.